Sunday 2 February 2014

music inspired drawing

As a way of practicing illustration styles, and as a way to have some fun!, I played a little game. I shuffled all my music, and sketched the first image and idea that came into my head listening to a song. These are some of the things I came up with, drawing them in about two plays of the song.

'will you be there, when the day is gone. will be there, under the same sun' 
(Under the same sun-Ben Howard)


'and we got miles away from anywhere...'
(Benjamin Twine-George Ezra)

'Can you fill the silence...'
(The Silence-Bastille)

(Wasting My Young Years-London Grammar)

'Don't be wasting your time, on your own'
(One Day-Kodaline)

(Children Who Start Fires-To Kill a King)

'The only tears come from our heads when we concentrate'
(Anti-D-The Wombats)

I was happy with the way some of these turned out, but of course they were just quick biro sketches and not finished pieces of art! This was one of the most productive forms of procrastination I've found in a long time, so I recommend having a go.




No comments:

Post a Comment